Tile in Crystal Lake, IL
Tile is a classic, enduring, and well-loved choice for both flooring and walls. Unlike hardwood and carpet, tile does not absorb water. Tile is also extremely durable, so it can withstand heavy foot traffic. And if you’re like most homeowners looking for tile near you in Crystal Lake, IL, FDW Carpet One Floor & Home is your local destination for all things tile!
It’s no surprise that tile is the most popular, choice for most home interiors. If you’re interested in adding tile to your space, keep reading to learn more about this versatile product.
What Are The Different Types of Tile?
There are three main types of tile: ceramic, porcelain, and natural stone.
- Much of this popularity is attributed to ceramic's affordability and the vast array of style options.
- These tiles can resist moderate traffic, moisture, and heat.
- Ceramic tile is ideal for indoor settings and can be installed on your floors and walls. Keep in mind that ceramic tile should not be installed outdoors.
- Porcelain is a type of ceramic tile that is much denser. You can install porcelain inside your home and also outside.
- It can handle anything from heavy foot traffic to changing weather conditions, and it will rarely crack.
- Since porcelain is typically installed in areas with a lot of moisture, they feature a slip-resistant surface for your protection and peace of mind.
- Stone tiles are completely natural and quarried in slabs. For this reason, each stone tile features unique mineral patterns.
- Stone flooring is long-lasting and beautiful, but can become expensive depending on the size of the area you plan on covering.
- Most stone tile is rated for indoor and outdoor use, and can be treated as stain-resistant.
Tile for The Home
Tile can be used for aesthetic and functional reasons, making it an extremely versatile option for the home. Here are different types of tiles and the best areas to install them in.
Glazed& Unglazed Tile
- Glazed tile has more color and shine, so it definitely can stand out in any room.
- Glaze will protect your tile against water damage and staining.
- Tile can also remain unglazed, which is actually preferred for commercial use.
- Unglazed tile does not show wear and is slip resistant, so it’s most useful in areas with high traffic.
Wood-Look Tile Flooring
- Tile is one of the most popular wood look options because of its diverse style capabilities and durability.
- Wood-look tile comes in both ceramic and porcelain options.
- These tiles are made to replicate the look and feel of natural wood flooring but are more durable, water-resistant, and pet-friendly.
- Transform the walls of your home and make use of your walls a different way using backsplash tile.
- Just like tile flooring, backsplash tile is easy to clean and care for.
- Choose from a variety of trending or classic tile options, e.g., mosaics, subway tile, and geometric patterns.
- Protect your walls from spills, food splatters, and mildew damage with a timeless wall accent that is custom to your space.
Where Can My Tile Be Installed?
Tile is such a versatile product though that it can really be installed anywhere in your home. Here at FDW Carpet One, we offer custom tile installations. Get inspired by your current décor, or stop by our showroom and speak with one of our design professionals who can help you decide on a tile option that worlds for your space!
Areas to Install Tile
- Laundry Rooms
- Shower & Fireplace Surrounds
- Mudrooms, and more!
Shop Tile Near You - FDW Carpet One
No matter your tile preference, FDW Carpet One Floor & Home in Crystal Lake, IL is certain to handle your tile needs. Our experts can help you design the perfect floor or backsplash, and they will recommend which type of tile is best for you. We offer one of the area's best selections of tile, hardwood flooring, luxury vinyl, and more! Visit our showroom or browse our online tile selection to learn more!
Tile Care & Maintenance
Caring for your wall tile or tile flooring shouldn't be complicated! Follow these simple care tips from the Carpet One pros!